Rotary Guiding principles
"Whatever Rotary may mean to us, to the world it will be known by the results it achieves." - Paul Harris
Object of Rotary
- The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service
- High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian's occupation as an opportunity to serve society
- The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian's personal, business and community life.
- The advancement of international understanding, goodwill and peace thorough a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
The Four-Way Test
The Four-Way test is a nonpartisan and nonsectarian ethical guide for Rotarians to use for their personal and professional relationships.
Of all the things we think, say or do
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?