Our Rotary members once again on the move... today connecting to Nepal and Bhutan
On Saturday, April 14, 2019 our member Tony Faure, had the great privilege to meet with the District Governor of Nepal and Bhutan, District 3292 and the President of the RC of Kathmandu.
On the picture above you see the Club President Ram (middle), the DG Chintamani Bhattarai (right) and Tony (left) while they exchanged the Rotary Club's flags.
This all happened during an event at the Hotel Himalaya in Kathmandu, at the occasion of the 61st Charter Day Anniversary of the RC of Kathmandu. The Fundraising during the evening was designated to support underprivileged children in Nepal.
Every year they do remember, that very special day in the year 1958, as it was the very first time a King, the King of Nepal, attended the Charter event of a Rotary Club, the RC of Kathmandu.
Rotary Connects the World Mark Daniel Maloney
Being part of Rotary International provides a way to connect to people and to build strong and lasting relationships. Our membership connects us to a global community and our service connects us to people who share the same values and who want to take action for a better world. It connects us to people we would never otherwise meet and who are more like us than we could have imagined.
This evening was the final event, concluding a journey of almost one month in Nepal, Kathmandu. A journey that started in Sri Lanka beginning of March, where Tony was introduced by a Rotaractor to a Rotaractor friend in Nepal. That contact lead to attending meetings with several Rotary Clubs and Rotaract Clubs and organzing several fundraising charity events in Nepal.
- On Saturday 10 March 2019, Tony attended a meeting at the Rotaract Club of Kathmandu, made a short presentation and gave them a flavor of his magical skills.
- On Wednesday 13 March 2019, Tony attended a meeting with the Rotary Club Kathmandu and 2 Rotaract Clubs of Kathmandu. He made a presentation of our Rotary Club and also an informal flag exchange with the RC Secretary was held. The more formal exchange with the Cub President and the Distrcit Governor was planned to happen at the Charter Anniversary Day later in April. Partly because Tony was left wih only one more Club flag and was waiting a shipment to arrive in Kathmandu send a couple of days earlier from out Khon Kaen, Thailand.
- On Friday 15 March Tony supported a show at the Orphanage Naya Nepal Samajh Kendra in Kathmandu Nepal, this activity was organised by Rotaractors from the Rotaract Club of Kathmandu.
- On Saturday 16 March, Tony supported a second show, this time at the Orphanage Srijansil Children Welfare in Kathmandu. Also this event was organised by the Rotaract Club of Kathmandu
- If you click on the link below you can see more pictures taken during the different meetings and charity events in Kathmandu.
- A visual impression.