Music and Friends
Once the idea to start a Rotary Club became a reality, one of the first challenges was to think about how to organize our fundraising events.
We came rather quick to the conclusion, that music would be one of the ways to go.
So we were happy as Rotary Club of Nakhon Khon Kaen International to announce early 2015, our program " Music and Friends ", with the ambition to present different kinds of music: Classical Music, Jazz, Blues, Rock, pop, ... to the city and the wider area of Khon Kaen and if possible, organize it several times per year.
“Music is the universal language of mankind.Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Music is something that people connect to. And that's what good music does. It speaks to you. It changes you.
Music has an incredible force. It is something that people who differ on everything and anything else, can have in common. That is why we called this program: Music and Friends
- The first event, was a Piano Concert on March 28, 2015: featuring music of Johann Sebastian Bach, Domenico Scarlatti, Maurice Ravel, Béla Bartók and Johannes Brahms
- Later on the same year, we organized the second event: Jazz at the Pool which took place on 31 October, 2015 at the Centara Hotel poolside.
- Due to a number of events, some beyond our control, our third event was pushed ahead in tine and on February 25, 2017 we all enjoyed a magnificent Rock with Rotary night .
- In 2018, we had the idea to organize with our Rotary Club the first ever Swing Dance event in Khon Kaen, and so on Saturday March 10, 018 everyone was swaying around at the Rachawadee' s ballroom.
- On Thursday evening February 07,, 2019 we organized our fifth event, a Harp and Piano Concert at the Take View seafood restaurant in Khon Kaen,
- If you want to take a glance at any specific Music and Friends events click here.
- We hope you will join us at the next event of our music program.